7 Smart Ways to Find the Best Web Hosting Service
You can find a lot of web hosting service providers online if you are looking for one for your website. Web host refers to the web server space, web site management tools and other web services offered by an individual, a group or a company that does not have their own servers. It is for hosting images, games, files and other web contents. It may be daunting choosing a web hosting service provider, but through these tips, you'll be guided on how to make a smart decision.
1. Know your web hosting needs. It is important to know what your website needs before you are able to effectively select the best web hosting company for you. So what kind of website do you want to build? Do you need a special software or a Windows application? How much traffic volume are you expecting? Think the outcome of your website for the next twelve months.
2. List the requirements of your website. It is essential to set your website requirements such as the type of technology you want to incorporate (PHP script, NET or HTML.
3. Web Server upgrade options. If you are a beginner, and you want to create your on a blogging site, then shared hosting is sufficient for you, that can accommodate up to 40,000 visitors. This is cheaper because there are many users sharing one server and sharing the cost. However, if you are expecting your website to grow and expand tremendously in the next to three years, it is best to choose a dedicated vps server with more memory capacity, processing power, higher security features and disk storage.
4. Ensure server reliability. A reliable web hosting server has minimum downtime and it should run twenty-four hours, seven days a week. A good web hosting company should be able to guarantee superior web server uptime of 99.9% within optimum speed, automatic server backup, superior server level and high data security.
5. Addon Domains. The typical number of multiple domains in an affordable web hosting service is up to twenty-five at the most.
6. Customer service and technical support. You should be able to get the assistance you need anytime and anywhere with a reliable customer and technical support from a good web hosting company.
7. Sign up or upfront cost and renewal cost. It is important to know all the details of the fees and charges associated with the web services you will be getting.